Mmm I have really wanted to get into cooking more this year and I am trying to learn new recipes and actually cook from scratch to make fresh meals.
Soup is an easy place to start, as you can more or less turn anything into soup!
My favourite is always Tomato so i thought i'd start with Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Soup.
What you will need:
2 Packs of Cherry Tomatoes
2 Red Peppers
6 cloves of garlic
Tabasco sauce (optional)
1. Pre heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Chop your peppers, onion, garlic and tomatoes and put onto a baking tray.
3. Lightly coat the ingredients with a bit of olive oil.
4. Cook until the vegetables look lightly charred (roughly 30-40minutes but keep an eye on it)
5. Add 500ml of boiling water to a pan and add your vegetable stock
6. Add the ingredients to the pan and use a blender/hand held blender to blend all the ingredients together. I used my Morphy Richards soup maker (Ace Christmas Present) to blend all mine together whilst keeping it warm.
And there you have it -- A few easy steps to creating yummy and healthy soup -- This makes about 3 bowls full so change the amount accordingly.