Tuesday 17 February 2015

Purple Dip Dye

I am lucky enough to have a very funky best friend who is always happy to try out new colours such as pinks, purples, reds etc etc...

We first bought the Crazy Colour brand in shade marshmallow and although it looks gorgeous in the bottle it got a major thumbs down for effect as it did more or less nothing (this is after bleaching the hair too) So although disappointed I did however have a plan B.

Below is the before picture. 

Although she is very blonde it was quite dark in the bottom section and even though it doesn't pick up great on this camera it also is very yellow.
I went ahead and did a bleach shampoo to lift it a little bit. I didn't want the bleach on the head for very long.

 photo 10997610_10152540778210940_6001610665927708737_n.jpg

So I  used the Loreal dialight in 9.11 (intense ash tone) to counteract all the yellow. I know as my friend likes to be a bit different she would be happy for it to be quite ash (some clients may not like this so be careful). I was really impressed with this toner.
Then I melted it into the directions colour Violet on the midlengths and ends.

HERE ARE THE RESULTS:

 photo 10360411_905240432832163_7834893858881568025_n.jpgLove it!! really happy with how it turned out. In hairdressing things don't always go the way you want, and you have to adapt to make the best out of the situation. As it turns out, we were both very happy the original colour didn't take well! As now she has this lovely Ice Princess look and the violet is gorgeous! Very happy!

Update -- she says the violet did not last for more than one wash?! What fashion colours do people recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment