Constantly looking for easy recipes as I'm far from a natural when it comes to the kitchen, I came across this little gem, Stuffed peppers. Extremely easy and so delicious!
These are the ingredients you will need for this easy dish:
4 large peppers -- Colour of your choice
Can of chopped tomatoes
Mince meat -- I used beef but the actual recipe states turkey
1 onion or 1/2 cup -- I bought diced onion to simplify matters even more!
Sachet of rice
4 cloves Garlic
Cheese -- I got already grated...I really am lazy!
Bread for breadcrumbs this is optional but I chose to go for it
1. Add a little oil into a pan and brown off the onions and the garlic.
2. Add the mince and brown off, add salt and pepper to taste
3. Add the can of chopped tomatoes -- I suggest removing some of the liquid before adding
4. Mix in the sachet of rice
5. It's a good idea to pre heat the oven at this point to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 Celsius.
6. whilst this mixture is cooking, cut the peppers in half remove all the innards and de seed.
7. Mix in your preferred amount of tomato passata into the mixture and then also put some on the bottom of the baking tray.
8. Once all mixture is cooked through, Stuff your peppers.
9. Put the stuffed peppers onto the tray
10. Add the breadcrumbs if you desire.
11. wrap the tray in foil
12. Cook for 30 minutes
13. Take the peppers out and add the cheese onto them and cook for a further 2-5 minutes. Keep checking.
14. Then you are ready to eat! I will be adding garlic bread as a side.
Should Look like this when first taken out the oven.
Hope you enjoy this really easy recipe!